Drop In Services
The Lower Hutt Women’s Centre
Women are welcome to ‘drop in’ to the Lower Hutt women’s centre. Anytime during our opening hours you are welcome to come by, just come straight down the hallway, into the kitchen where you can settle in. We offer a warm, dry, safe space for all women and children. The women’s centre is always a women’s only space.
What women can do when they drop in
- Computers – the centre has two computers for women to use.
- Volunteers – Often there is a volunteer available for women to talk to. You may be after a listening ear or after information on resources available to you. Our volunteers can help with that.
- Tea/ coffee – There is always free hot drinks available.
- Space to chill – The centre is a safe space, where all women and children are welcome to spend time just chilling out and being themselves.
- Wifi – We have free wifi available for women to access
- Information / pamphlets – There are are pamphlets available for women browse. If you can’t find what you are after, one of our volunteers may be able to help you.
- Donation box – Women are welcome add, or take from, our donation box, which is located in our hallway. We accept small donations such as clothings and toys. All women are welcome to browse through the donation box, there are no requirements for accessing it, please just take what you need.
- Library – If you are a member of the Lower Hutt Women’s centre you are welcome to browse the library. Which is located in one of the rooms in the house.