Join Us – Vacancies
We are seeking two new members to join our friendly and motivated Board of Trustees. You must be feminist with respect for our kaupapa and have a drive to add value to the Centre for the women we serve.
Prior Board experience is valued but this is a small friendly Board and we are still interested in hearing from you if you have not had such experience. Applicants with skills sets associated with accountancy, policy, fundraising, risk management and planning welcomed as well as those with experience in the community, social and health spheres.
Applicants do need to be available on the third Monday a month for Board meetings approx 3 hours. We also hold other meetings as the need arises as well as events like Matariki dinner and fundraising evenings which are held on weekend days or weeknight evenings.
Email us your CV or information about what you can bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us if you are interested and have questions on 04 920 1009.
Counsellor/Support group facilitator (3hrs/mth)
We’re looking for an experienced counsellor to facilitate our ‘Support Group for Women who have experienced Childhood Sexual Abuse and Rape’. The group meets at the Centre from 1-4 pm on the first Sunday of each month. It is a long-running, participant-directed group that shares experiences and every day challenges.
In this role you will:
- work in partnership with the group members
- practise with a person-centred, trauma-informed approach
- awhi the existing whanaungatanga and manaakitanga of the group
- work with a social justice lens and empowerment approach
- facilitate the ongoing development of the existing group dynamic and process
- support women in addressing the ongoing impacts of sexual violence in their daily lives
- work with the symptoms of trauma – for example, anxiety, depression, disassociation, PTSD/CPTSD
- support women in strengthening their autonomy and voice
- encourage inclusivity and accessibility
The ideal candidate will have:
- a relevant tertiary qualification
- a current registration with a relevant professional body
- ACC sensitive claims accreditation
- experience in facilitating educational and therapeutic groups
- experience working with sexual abuse and trauma
- an understanding of the impact of sexual abuse, rape, and violence on women, girls, and whānau
- a clinical understanding of trauma, addiction, grief, and loss
- a friendly, empathetic, and approachable manner
- excellent communication and listening skills
- an ability to practise in a culturally appropriate manner, consistent with Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- organisational skills and healthy self-care strategies
What we will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a committed team of staff and volunteers who strive to provide opportunities for empowerment of women, teenage girls, and children
To apply, email the manager at email@example.com. Please include a CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the position.
We’re also looking for volunteers to help out with day to day jobs at the Centre including tidying our clothing donations and answering the phone and other more specialist roles like managing our communications plan. If you’re interested in learning more about volunteering at the Centre please get in touch with us either through email info(at) lhwc.org.nz or phone on 04 920 1009.