Join Us – Vacancies
Fixed Term Part Time Counsellor position
The Lower Hutt Women’s Centre is looking for an experienced Counsellor to join our team. The position is a part time 6 month fixed term contract (10 hours per week).
For a job description or to apply email us at email@example.com. Please include a CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the position by 29 September 2020.
In this role you will:
- be responsible for providing effective counselling support to women of all ages
- support women to confront oppression
- work in partnership with clients to help them meet their short and long-term personal goals. Monitor and review plans to ensure clients are making progress.
- manage administration of your appointments, including cancellations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- a Bachelor’s degree in counselling, psychology or social work
- be registered with NZAC, NZPB, NZAP or an additional relevant professional body
- an understanding of the needs facing women including social and cultural issues, family violence, sexual violence, drug and alcohol misuse, mental health issues, grief and loss
- a desire to empower women, teenage girls and children
- the ability practice in a culturally appropriate manner, consistent with Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- a friendly, approachable manner
- excellent communication and listening skills
- organisational skills
- an ability to empathise with women of all ages
- skill in analysing and evaluating human behaviour
- knowledge of self-care strategies
- experience in group work (preferable but not essential).
What we will offer you:
- The opportunity to join a committed team of staff and volunteers who strive to empower women, teenage girls and children
- Regular external supervision