Join Us – Vacancies
Volunteer for Friday mornings with Creche duties
The Lower Hutt Women’s Centre is looking for a volunteer to help run our pre-school creche on Friday mornings from 9.30am-12.30.
The creche is tamariki centered with free play at the core of the sessions. You will be working alongside our creche worker and other staff during the sessions.
Tasks include welcoming, helping to settle, care for and supervise all the children who attend the Women’s Centre Creche while their caregiver attends counselling/workshops and helping with cleanup afterwards. If there are no children in the creche on a rostered session, working in the Centre as a general volunteer (helping with tasks such as drop-ins, phone calls, tidying or organising).
Desirable skills and experience include:
- Childcare qualifications
- Current First Aid Certificate (we can support you to obtain this)
- A passion for Lower Hutt Women’s Centre kaupapa
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Actively recognising and working in the spirit of Te Tiriti O Waitangi
- Working alongside and supporting other creche workers
- An understanding of child development from 0 – 4 years
- Role modeling behaviours that align with Women’s Centre kaupapa
- Maintaining boundaries while staying tamariki centred.
Please call (04) 920 1009 or email email@example.com to apply
We’re also looking for volunteers to help out with day-to-day jobs at the Centre including tidying our clothing donations and answering the phone and other more specialist roles like managing our communications plan. If you’re interested in learning more about volunteering at the Centre please get in touch with us either through email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on (04) 920 1009.